This year is already flying by! The students are loving WIN Time now that all of our systems are up and running. Ask your child what they love about WIN Time this year. Students have also set their own Reading Goals and finished up their second unit in Math. Don’t forget to check out all of our fun on our classroom Twitter account! Trimester 1 will be over before we know it!
Last week, we put our protractors to good use as we worked on Geometry skills in Unit 3 of Everyday Math! As readers, we reflected on our strengths and weaknesses before setting our first Reading Goals. I saw such commitment in our conferences! In Writing, we used Liberation of Gabriel King as a reference for writing using sensory details and used nonfiction sources to grow our understanding of the time referenced in historical fiction. In Social Studies, the students began to explore the causes leading up to the American Revolution including the French and Indian War and Proclamation of 1763.
This week, we will deepen our geometric knowledge by exploring the properties of angles and polygons in depth. As readers, we will begin our exploration of the useful genre of nonfiction. In Writing, students will continue to use Liberation of Gabriel King as inspiration for their own writing in both creative writing as well as in their responses to literature. We will also continue to understand the causes of the American Revolution through our exploration of the Townshend Acts and Quartering Act.
- Lyric Opera Field Trips Forms and Halloween Attendance Forms are due on Friday!
- Friday is our second Green Day!
- Mrs. Bingaman’s Weekly Update is always full of great information!
- Know someone who has not enrolled in my blog yet? Send them an invite link!
- Don’t forget to enroll in SeeSaw using the QR code we sent home this week! It will allow you to see and comment on the work your child does throughout the school day! If you need a new link, email me!
- Have you checked out the Homework and Reminders tab on my website? It has a Google Calendar with daily homework assignments. You can even enroll your personal phone to the calendar and get all of your child’s homework and reminders right on your phone’s calendar app!