I am so happy that I will be able to see all of you at Parent Teacher Conferences! If you have not already submitted your Parent Pre-Conference Survey, feel free to send it back with your child sometime this week. If you prefer to fill out the form online, follow this link to send your answers directly to me!
Classroom Community Updates
We have CogAT testing this week on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 1:20-2:00! Last week, students solidified their knowledge of multiplication and division by working on order of operations and problem solving. This will be our last week in Chapter Two for Math as we complete our Celebration of Learning on Tuesday. In Reading, students finished their final days of Book Club Boot Camp by finishing our group novel, discussing with their groups, and reflecting on the thinking while reading the novel. In the coming weeks, we will begin our Reader’s Workshop on Fiction and work on comprehending grade-level fiction texts. In Writing, students finished learning about written responses using evidence from the text and in the coming weeks we will move into more creative writing with our narrative unit. In Social Studies, students began learning about Colonial America in the years leading up to the revolution. This week we will dive deeper into many of the causes of the American Revolution.
- This week is shortened due to Parent Teacher Conferences! Wednesday will follow a Friday schedule! I hope the students enjoy having Thursday and Friday off!
- We have the Book Fair this week! Be sure to stop by with your child to stock up on awesome books before the long weekend!
- The Read-A-Thon is on October 26th! We are hosting a book drive and are accepting all gently used books!
- Mrs. Bingaman’s Blog is always full of great information! Be sure to check out what she has to say!
- I hope you take some time to enjoy all of the teamwork and learning happening on our classroom Twitter Page!