I hope your students enjoyed the three day weekend! They worked so hard on their first week in 2018, I’m happy they had time to relax after getting back into our routines!
Classroom Community Updates
In Science, we will do our last few hands-on experiments, before turning our attention to creating our final models! In Reading, we finished Freedom Walkers, started Book Clubs, and began learning about nonfiction text structure. This week, students will continue to build their knowledge about various nonfiction text structures. In Math, we started Chapter 4 focusing on multiplying proper fractions. This week, we will continue to learn about multiplying fractions and then move into the process of division of fractions. In Writing, students learned about ethos, logos, and pathos in order to increase their persuasive power. This week, students will begin putting those skills to practice while incorporating evidence from research into their writing.
- The Winter MAP Tests are here! The Reading MAP Test will be on the morning of Tuesday, January 16th and the Math MAP Test will be on the morning of Friday, January 19th!
- This Wednesday (1/17) is a MONDAY SCHEDULE! Students should dress for Gym class, but Mr. Berry will still be here for Band Practice.
- Every Wednesday in January is Warm Winter Wednesday and students are encouraged to dress in a wintery theme.
- Mrs. Bingaman’s Blog is always full of great information! Her update includes information about upcoming Erin's Law presentations this week.
- We hope you are checking out the awesome teamwork and learning on our classroom Twitter Page!