We had a wonderful first week back at Greenbrier! We ended our week with the kickoff for our Kid’s Heart Challenge! We look forward to focusing on heart-healthy choices all month long. It is not too late for your child to join the 5th Grade Finale dance for Gator Rock! Send in your child’s green permission slip or contact Mrs. Zanini for more information.
Classroom Community Updates
In Math, the next two chapters in Math are very short, so we will already be taking our Chapter 6 Celebration of Learning on Tuesday! Then we will move our focus from finding area into decimal operations. In Social Studies, students learned about the Articles of Confederation and are now moving into exploring the three main branches of government. In Writing, we are continuing our Fiction unit with a focus on planning and organization of story structure. In Reading, we explored nonfiction story structure and started our nonfiction book clubs! This week, we will apply our knowledge of story structure and continue to explore strategies for unfamiliar words.
- There is No School on Monday, January 20th. Enjoy the three day weekend!
- The month of January is Workout Wednesday Spirit Days. Encourage your children to wear Jump Rope for Heart gear or their favorite exercise clothes to support Jump Rope for Heart in the month of January.
- Erin's Law presentations start next week! Erin’s Law is an Illinois Public Act that requires us to provide child sexual abuse prevention education for children in prekindergarten through 8th grades. We will be teaching about Erin's Law in January and February. All Erin’s Law information can be found on the District’s website The site also has the opt-out form.
- Mrs. Bingaman’s Blog is always full of great information!
- I hope you take some time to enjoy all of the teamwork and learning happening on our classroom Twitter Page!