I’m so happy I got a chance to meet many of you at Parent Night on Thursday. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedules to get to know more about our classroom community. The students are really starting to get into the routine of fifth grade at this point in the year!
Classroom Community Updates
This week, students began their Google Doc Writing Journals and we started taking some baseline measures of their writing stamina. Next week, students will dig into our first unit of the year which will focus on responding to reading in their writing. In Math, students finished up the Week of Inspirational Math to learn about Math Mindsets. Then we began our review of Problem Solving and Bar Modeling. Next week we will finish up our Math Launch unit by finishing up our Math Workshop Skills and reviewing problem solving and place value. We had the chance to start science by questioning why the earth gets different amounts of sun exposure in the winter and summer. Next week we will begin modeling theories and learning about gravity and rotation. In Reading, students are beginning to reflect on their reading lives as they start to learn about Reader’s Workshop. Next week, students will continue to reflect on their life as readers while they explore multiple genres.
- No school on Monday! Enjoy the time with your family!
- Band Lessons begin on Thursday!
- Back to School Night is on Friday (9/7) at 7:00PM! Hope to see you there for lots of fun!
- Mrs. Bingaman’s Blog is always full of great information! Be sure to check out what she has to say!
- I hope you take some time to enjoy all of the teamwork and learning happening on our classroom Twitter Page!