Thank you all for taking the time to attend Parent Teacher Conferences! It was wonderful speaking about the progress your children are making! Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need anything else during the rest of the year. I hope the students enjoyed their Spring Break resting up and enjoying some family time. We have a very busy month coming up in fifth grade! Please be sure to check the Weekly Reminders below and the Special Events we put in student planners!
Classroom Community Updates
The next two weeks will be very busy with IAR (formerly named PARCC) testing! Please see the dates and times below for testing information. Remember that students should sleep well and eat well to be ready to perform their best on the tests! Fifth grade students do have permission to bring in their own mint or cinnamon flavored gum or mints on IAR testing days. In between all of the testing and special events, we will still be doing lots of learning! In Reading, we will continue our Poetry unit by reviewing our skills learned before break and deepening our understanding of how poets use figurative language. In Writing, we will be moving on from poetry and starting our Fiction Writing unit by exploring creation of characters. In Math, we will be doing some Project Based Learning during IAR Testing by creating a Geometric City! We will miss a lot of Science time due to IAR testing, but we will continue to explore what living things need to survive in ecosystems by designing an experiment using seeds.
- Monday is a Gym/Music Day! Adjusted date for IAR testing, be sure students dress for Gym!
- We have IAR Testing all week! Be sure students arrive on time because we will be settling in for testing at 9:15 every morning!
- Tuesday: ELA Test 1
- Wednesday: ELA Test 2
- Thursday: Math Test 1
- Friday: Math Test 2
- Greenbrier’s Multicultural Fair is coming up! If your child would like to present to their classmates about their culture, please use this Sign Up Form.
- Mrs. Bingaman’s Blog is always full of great information! Be sure to check out what she has to say!
- I hope you take some time to enjoy all of the teamwork and learning happening on our classroom Twitter Page!