Hello Fifth Grade Families!
Gator Rock was an absolute blast on Friday! Thank you to all of our parent volunteers who made it such a wonderful event!
Classroom Community Updates
In Reading, we enjoyed some poems as we dipped our toes into the genre and format we will be exploring in our Reading unit. This week, we will dig into author’s purpose, main idea, and poet’s inspiration. In Math, we spent time as a fifth grade family preparing our critical thinking skills for the Math PARCC tests. This week, we will be starting and finishing a VERY quick Chapter 6 with a small quiz before the PARCC tests begin. In Writing, we published and sent our persuasive letters! Some of you may have even received one on Friday! In our upcoming unit, we will be focusing on creative writing.
- PARCC Tests are coming! A letter will be coming home in Backpack Mail this week detailing the dates, times, and our 5th Grade policy on gum/mints during PARCC tests.
- Every Wednesday in February is Caring Wednesday. We will be showing some heart by wearing red or pink!
- Thursday, March 1st is a We Are GB Day! Encourage your child to wear their GB shirt to show some school spirit!
- Mrs. Bingaman’s Blog is always full of great information! Her update includes Conference Sign Up info, Thomas Spirit Wear Info, and construction updates!
- We hope you are checking out the awesome teamwork and learning on our classroom Twitter Page!